The global Art Market has posted a third consecutive year of growth on the back of a record volume of transactions (539.000 lots sold), twice the volume recorded in 2000. In the West, buyers remained extremely confident throughout the first half of the year, but became a lot more selective as of the first sales after the summer recess.
Read among others
- Global Fine Art auction turnover reached $15.48 billion over the twelve months of 2018
- Modern Art dominates the high-end market with 8 of the Top-10 results
- Female artists in vogue with records for Joan Mitchell, Cecily Brown, Jenny Saville, etc.
- Affordable Art – half of the works sold at auction sell for under $1,000 (52%)
- Looking back on the most impressive record sales in 2018
- Old Master – a market profitable in the long term
- Ranking of the world’s 500 most powerful artists & the Top-100 auction results of the year
Read the entire report here : The Art Market 2018
Fruit of the alliance between Artprice, world leader in Art Market information (founded and directed by thierry Ehrmann), and Artron, its powerful Chinese institutional partner (directed by Wan Jie), our 21st Annual Art Market Report* allows a truly balanced perspective of the global market that covers both the West and the East.
*Public sales of Fine Art: painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, prints, installations. Period analysed: 1 January 2018 – 31 December 2018